We know your travel schedules will be increasing in the weeks and months to come and with every new destination comes new rules and regulations for exhibitors. Some of you may have D.C. or Baltimore on your calendars with shows like AUSA in town, so this month our labor operations team has answered some common questions regarding the regulations in this market.
Take a look below for some of the basics and if you have any additional questions, feel free to comment on this blog or contact us directly and our team will be happy to help you.
- Can exhibitor carry in merchandise/items into hall by themselves? Yes, hand-carry ONLY.
- Can exhibitor use a hand truck or dolly/wheeled cart to bring exhibit materials into the hall? No.
- Can shop supervisor or exhibitor work in this city or supervise ONLY? Supervise ONLY.
- Can the exhibitor install & dismantle their display? Yes – only if it is 100 sq. ft. or less and requires NO power tools.
- Can the exhibitor use tools to set up their displays? Yes – for (10×10) hand tools ONLY. NO power tools.
- Can the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC) set-up steel deck structures? Yes, but the structure must be pre-approved by building engineering. Copies of approval are required on-site during install.
- Electrical service – from overhead or floor? Both.
- Can exhibitor or EAC run electrical cords under carpet? No. House electricians must make tie-in to floor ports. All cords under the carpet must be provided by house electricians.
- Can exhibitor or EAC run electrical cords above carpet? Yes, but this must be handled by the EAC only. Cords can be provided by your EAC – 14ga or lower.
- Can exhibitor or EAC plug lights and/or other devices into booth electrical outlets? Yes.
- Can exhibitor/shop/EAC place lights? Can exhibitor/shop/EAC insert Dura trans in light boxes? Yes.
- Can Genie Lifts be used? Yes, but this varies depending on the general contractor and/or show association. You must consult exhibitor show book regulations.
- Who can vacuum the booth carpet? The exhibitor can vacuum carpet (with their supplied vacuum) or order booth cleaning through the show contractor. EACs cannot vacuum in this facility.
- Can exhibitor/shop have food/beverage brought into facility? No.
- Is there access to local specialty vendors? Yes. Note – some specialty vendors are not available on weekends.
- Can EAC assemble hanging signage? No. This is the responsibility of GC rigging. EACs cannot assemble any hanging sign.