The rules and regulations for exhibiting in Javits are fairly complex, so our New York-based labor operations team has highlighted a few questions they are commonly asked regarding what work an exhibitor is and isn’t allowed to perform on the show floor.
We think New York is one of the greatest cities in the world and we want to help make your experience as smooth as possible so you can get out there and take in all the sights and sounds. Read below and please feel free to leave a comment or contact us directly if you have any other questions.
- Can exhibitor carry in merchandise/items into hall by themselves? Yes, but items can be hand-carried ONLY.
- Can exhibitor use a hand truck or dolly/wheeled cart to bring exhibit materials into the hall? No.
- Can shop supervisor or exhibitor work in this city or supervise ONLY? Supervise ONLY.
- Can the exhibitor install & dismantle their display/carpet? Yes, as long as the exhibit/carpet is 100 sq. ft. or less.
- Can the exhibitor use tools to set up their displays? No.
- Can EAC set-up steel deck structures? Yes. However, the structure must be pre-approved by building engineering and copies of approval are required on-site during the install.
- Electrical service – from overhead or floor? Floor.
- Can exhibitor or EAC run electrical cords under carpet? No.
- Can exhibitor or EAC run electrical cords above carpet? No.
- Can exhibitor or EAC plug lights and/or other devices into booth electrical outlets? No.
- Can exhibitor/shop/EAC place lights? Can exhibitor/shop/EAC insert duratrans in light boxes? No.
- Can Genie Lifts be used? This varies depending on the general contractor and/or show association. The exhibitor should consult exhibitor show book regulations.
- Who can vacuum the booth carpet? The exhibitor can vacuum carpet (with his/her supplied vacuum) or order booth cleaning through the show contractor. EACs cannot vacuum in this facility.
- Can exhibitor/shop have food/beverage brought into facility? No, not during the show run. These items must be purchased from the house caterer. During move-in, exhibitors may bring in food/beverages in limited quantities.
- Is there access to local specialty vendors? Yes. Note – some specialty vendors such as graphic vendors and lighting suppliers are not available on weekends.
- Can EAC assemble hanging signage? Yes. EACs can assemble hanging signs in this facility.